Emergency Medicine: Faculty/Staff Program Event Signup
Faculty Sign up
Faculty Volunteers Needed
Preparations for CaRMS 2020 are well underway and we are now calling for volunteers to help us with file review or interviews.
As a file reviewer, you will be required to review approximately 10-12 files between November 28th and December 5th, 2018. The program requires 15-17 faculty volunteers to serve as a file reviewer, your participation is greatly appreciated!
As an interviewer, you will need to be available on our CaRMS interview day, scheduled for January 29th, 2020 between approx. 7:30 am – 6:00 pm.
Please contact our program coordinator, Jenn (firstname.lastname@example.org), by Thursday, October 31st if you are interested. In your reply, kindly indicate if you are interested in:
- File review only
- Interview panel only
- File review or interview panel
Your participation is greatly appreciated as we recruit for our next talented cohort of EM residents!
2. PGY-5 Practice Orals
We are currently recruiting for our PGY5 Practice Oral Examinations. The descriptions for these sessions are below.
PGY-5 Small Group Sessions:
- Each study group will spend approximately 90 minutes with each faculty member
- Cases will be given to individual residents, observed by their group so that everyone benefits
- Staff should bring their own cases - if you need help developing cases, please let me know!
- Time commitment per session: Approximately 3 hours
PGY-5 Large Sessions:
- Each resident will spend approximately 20 minutes with each faculty member to simulate the Royal College format
- Staff should bring their own cases; however, some guidance will be provided regarding topics to make sure the exam is balanced
- Time commitment: Approximately 4 hours
How to sign up:
1. Please fill out the GoogleDoc for the dates you can do: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1mxI2qP4_fjwdVdLptXU5VhBjwuxY90QR-27CAK7wBLs/edit?usp=sharing
2. If you have any questions, please contact Kaif Pardhan (email@example.com)
Thanks so much for helping our residents be their best!
EM Program Exam Committee
(Emily Austin, Jacqueline Willinsky, Kaif Pardhan)