2019 Call for Applications: Merit Review
The Department of Medicine (DoM) Merit Review Committee invites applications for the 2019 Clinician-Scientist Merit Review.
- Only clinician-scientists are eligible
- Clinician-scientists who are coming off career awards or Clinician-Scientist Start-up Stipend
- A Clinician-scientist who is funded by an Alternate Funding Plan or holds a career award or holds an endowed/expendable chair is deemed ineligible
- Clinician Scientist who ended their startup stipend or previous Merit award early due to the receipt of a career award will receive a 0.3/5 bonus added to their Merit Score. *Please indicate if you fall into this category to the program administrator when submitting your application.*
Applications consist of a CV and a candidate statement. Candidates’ statements will follow the same format as the Stage 1 of the CIHR Foundation Scheme application, providing applicants with the opportunity to align their merit application with future CIHR Foundation formats (i.e. to decrease redundancy/re-formatting required for future CIHR applications). This format asks researchers to describe;
- their leadership experience (1/2 page),
- the significance of their contributions (1/2 page),
- their productivity (1/2 page) and, perhaps most importantly,
- the vision and direction of their program (1 page).
The deadline for applications is 5pm on Monday, January 28, 2019 and should be submitted via email to Joanna King.