Hold’em for Life Oncology Clinician Scientist Awards
Hold’em for Life Charity Challenge has made a generous and transformative commitment to oncology research and education at the University of Toronto’s Faculty of Medicine and our partner hospitals.
The newly established Hold’em for Life Oncology Clinician Scientist Awards are open to University of Toronto residents and clinical fellows pursuing cancer research, in any clinical department and at any of the Faculty’s nine fully affiliated teaching hospitals.
- Award Amount: $50,000 per candidate per year
- Eligible candidates must fulfill the following criteria:
- Be a medical doctor licensed to practice in Ontario
- Commit to spending at least 2 years in residency or clinical fellowship training, during which at least 1 year has a minimum of 80% protected time committed to research
- Have matching funds confirmed by Principal Investigator/Supervisor
- Be registered with the University of Toronto Post MD Program as a resident or clinical fellow
- Have a Supervisor with a faculty appointment at the University of Toronto’s Faculty of Medicine
- Projects must be in the field of oncology. Applicants can apply from any University of Toronto clinical department or related clinical discipline (including but not limited to: medical oncology, radiation oncology, surgical oncology, psychosocial oncology, medical imaging, pathology etc.)
- A multidisciplinary U of T committee will annually review and rate all proposals.
- Important Dates:
- Application Deadline: June 7, 2019
- Award Notification: July 2, 2019
- Funding Awarded: July 1, 2020
Hold’em for Life Charity Challenge is a volunteer-run, non-profit organization that has raised more than $30 million to fund cancer research since its inception in 2007. With a new investment in the University of Toronto and our partner hospitals, Hold’em for Life strives to help advance cancer research and invest in the next generation of oncology clinician scientists.