Call for Nominations: Department of Medicine Annual Research Awards
The Department of Medicine’s Research Awards recognize members of the Department of Medicine who have made contributions to the advancement of knowledge in medicine and demonstrated excellence as a scientist and researcher.
There are three DoM Research awards in total:
- The William Goldie Prize and Travel Award (Research) is awarded annually to a member of the department who is within 10 years of appointment to the department and who has made a contribution of notable merit to the advancement of sound knowledge in internal medicine through research. Please note that the 10-year window of eligibility can be extended in cases where the nominee was off work due to parental or illness leave.
- Eaton Scholar Researcher of the Year Award for Basic Science recognizes a member of the Department of Medicine who has demonstrated sustained excellence as a basic scientist and role model over several years
- Eaton Scholar Researcher of the Year Award for Clinical Science recognizes a member of the Department of Medicine who has demonstrated sustained excellence as a scientist and role model over several years. This award encompasses a variety of types of research including, but not restricted to, education research, clinical trials, outcomes, clinical epidemiology and health services research.
A list of previous winners is available on the Department of Medicine Prizes & Awards webpage.
In past years, nominations were solicited from Departmental Division Directors, Physicians in Chief and Vice-Presidents from the various research institutes. The DoM Research Awards committee has opted to open nominations up to the whole department. If you are nominating a fellow faculty member, please notify the DDD of the nominee as well.
To submit a nomination, please fill out the nomination form found here and ask the nominee to forward a recent copy of their CV directly to the DoM Research Administrator at email@example.com by Friday, February 7, 2020.
- Clinician Scientists and Clinician Investigators are eligible for all three of the awards.
- University of Toronto Department of Medicine DDDs and Vice Chairs are not eligible for nomination.
- All nominees must have a primary appointment to the Department of Medicine.
- Self-nomination is not allowed
- Please notify the DDD of the nominee and encourage them to also submit a nomination. Multiple nominations are welcome.
The nominations will be reviewed by the DoM Research Awards Committee and winners will be announced at Annual Day.
The Department of Medicine is strongly committed to diversity within their communities and especially welcome applications from racialized persons/persons of color, women, Indigenous/Aboriginal People of North America, persons with disabilities, LGBTQ persons, and others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas.